Dr. James (Jang Suh) Noh took office as the new president of the Korea Institute of Halal Industry(KIHI). He also serves as the chairman of the board of directors for a three-year term.
Dr. James Noh co-founded the KIHI in 2014 when he was elected as the director general. Since then, he has conducted in-depth investigations into the domestic and overseas halal market. He also conducted researches on the status of production and distribution of halal products in Korea. Since 2016, he has led the Halal Cosmetics Certification Consulting and Education Support Project, which is commissioned by the Ministry of Food, Drug & Safety(MFDS).
Dr. James Noh has been the first in Korea to introduce expert qualification program such as the Halal Consultant, the Halal Certification Expert and the Halal Trade Specialist. He established Korea's first online education platform, Eduhalal (www.eduhalal.kr).
He has contributed to the successful hosting of Korean halal industry exhibitions and international conferences. He has been in charge of managing annually the "Halal Trade Expo Korea" and the "Korea International Halal Cosmetic Seminar" which are Korea's leading international halal business events.
Dr. James Noh has lectured overseas on the subject of the Korean halal industry by receiving invitations from government agencies and universities in Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. He has been promoting the development of Korea's halal industry through interviews with the State of the Islamic Economy Report every year.
Dr. James Noh said in his inaugural address, “In the midst of the rapid growth of the global halal market, the Korean halal industry is facing a difficult time.” He promised, "With creative ideas and aggressive strategies, I will devote myself to the future of the Korean halal industry. ”
Biography of Dr. James Noh
- Bachelor, College of Business Administration, Korea University
- Master, Graduate School of Business, Yonsei University
- Ph.D. in Cultural Heritage Management, Silapakorn University, Thailand
- Visiting Executive, Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington(UW)
- Vice Chairman of the Korean Association of Halal Industry Studies(KAHIS)
- Former member of the Halal Food Specialist Committee of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry & Rural Affairs(MAFRA)
- Former member of Halal Technical Committee of the Korea Accreditation Board(KAB)
- Former Director of Hyundai Panin Finance (Indonesia)
- Former Deputy General Manager of International Finance, Shinhan Bank